Workshops Learn from the experts at Northern Film + Media & Tees Valley Screen, and take your animations to the next level.
28 September, 30 September & 2 October
We are delighted to announce three fantastic live workshops delivered by Northern Film + Media & Tees Valley Screen.
This year we will be delivering our workshops live and online. Booking is essential as limited places are available.
Approaches to Animated Storytelling
28 September, 6:30pm - 8pm
This lively workshop brings together some of the North East’s top animation and storytelling talent to discuss:
- the differences between writing for live action and for animation
- writing and directing a short stop-motion animation (Lesley-Anne Rose)
- directing animated elements within a feature context (Ellie Land, Irene’s Ghost)
Animation: Getting it Made
30 September, 6:30pm - 8pm
So you have an idea for animated film – what next? In this workshop you will look at:
- examples of different animation techniques
- process and budget – what does it cost and how long will it take?
- routes to funding (BFI, Arts Council, commercial opportunities)
Animation Pitch Lab
2 October, 6:30pm - 8pm
Got an idea for an animated film and would like to test it out?
In this one-off animation pitch lab, successful applicants will get the opportunity to pitch their script idea for an animated story. A panel of animators, producers and programmers will give bespoke feedback to develop proposals.
To apply for a place, submit a short biography and top line pitch (no more than 100 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited to eight and applicants from the Tees Valley will be prioritised.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 30th September and if successful, applicants must be available to attend the entire session.
This closed event will be a Zoom Meeting, which you will receive an emailed link to 24 hours before the event.