CG Supervisor, Framestore
Speaking at Animex Talk
A childhood love of animation and visual illusions led Ben, via Camberwell College of Arts, to Softimage Inc. where he worked as a product specialist for several years. He started his career in postproduction at The Mill working on commercials before moving to MillFilm, where he realised his goal of working on film visual effects with Enemy of the State and Gladiator.
Over the past 10 years at Framestore he has worked in a range of CG disciplines before becoming a CG Supervisor, and has since worked on projects such as The Dark Knight, Where The Wild Things Are and Avatar.
Talk: Elementary my dear Watson
Following the success of Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes in 2009, Framestore have created around 550 shots for the latest in the series, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. The studio’s CG Supervisor, Ben White, comes to Animex to give an in-depth analysis of some of the processes involved in generating some of their most dramatic work to date.
- Friday 10 February: 1:30pm
- Thursday 09 February: 3:00pm
- More about Animex Talk
- 20/08/14 Animex goes global with new event in Malaysia
- 07/02/14 International writer comes to Teesside University to talk about her career in comics
- 03/02/14 Children bring cartoon characters to life on campus
- 03/02/14 Award-winning graduate returns to give insight into gaming industry