Animex Awards 2016 – Call for Entries
Animex Awards 2016 – part of the Animex International Festival of Animation and Computer Games– are now open for entries.
Nigel The Necromancer
From visual effects to stop-motion to animation for computer games, from drawing to CGI, Animex Awards aims to celebrate and reward the talent and achievements of students worldwide.
As well as some new categories for the international student competition, for 2016 Animex Awards is also launching a professional category – Best First Animation. This new category aims to recognise emerging new talent and animations, open to any animation director who has just completed their first film as a professional production.
- CGI Animation Award
- Visual Effects Award
- 2D Animation Award
- Game Animation Award
- Character Animation Award
- Stop-motion Animation Award
- Experimental Animation Award
- Best First Animation
In 2015 over 700 entries from more than 60 countries were received. 143 student animations were selected and screened across eleven programmes during the festival. See the 2015 winners here.
Judging panels from previous awards have included representatives from LAIKA, ToonBoom Animation, Beryl Productions International, Atomhawk Design, Pixar, ILM, Disney, Aardman Animation, Sony Image Works, DreamWorks and Electronic Arts, to name a few.
The submission deadline is 19 October 2015.
Entries should be submitted via FilmFreeway.
10 August 2015
- 02/05/19 Looking back on Animex as it celebrates 20th anniversary
- 25/04/19 Animex festival celebrates its 20th anniversary
- 01/05/18 Experts from Star Wars and Coco among highlights of international animation festival
- 19/03/18 Animex LIVE brings video game soundtracks to life