Head of Research, Cubic Motion
Steve Caulkin is Head of Research at Cubic Motion. He completed his PhD in Computer Vision in 2001 and joined Image Metrics, focusing on performance-driven facial animation. He joined Cubic Motion in 2009 to develop a new generation of facial animation technologies, working on a range of AAA games titles and VFX projects.
Talk: Facial Animation: Bringing VFX Techniques to the World of Video Games
Cubic Motion, courtesy of Dr Steven Caulkin (CTO) and David Barton (Senior Producer), will be delving into their proprietary facial animation technologies and pipeline to demonstrate how they deliver massive volumes of next-gen facial animation on projects like Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, and Ryse: Son of Rome. They deliver such projects by utilising and adapting techniques that were primarily used in the VFX industry in areas such as performance capture, animation solving, and facial rigging.
- Thursday 12 February: 1:30pm
- Friday 13 February: 1:30pm
- More about Animex Game
- 13/02/15 Disney animator shares secrets of his success
- 13/02/15 Animex awards winners announced
- 20/01/15 Animex to focus on inclusivity and independent games development
- 22/12/14 Gaming graduates on top of the world