Ms Sanazaki is one of the most prolific Japanese manga artists with more than 300 manga books published by several publishers. She made her debut as a shôjo [girls’] manga artist from Akita Publishing in 1981, and has worked extensively for several leading publishers, creating romance, mystery, horror and historical fantasy mangas. Her works include Angel Wars, Maihime Shichihenge [Quick Changes of a Dancing Girl], Tenshi no Ryôriban [An Angel’s Chef], Abe no Seimei, and Asakusa Yangu Yôhinten [Young Shop of mysterious goods in Asakusa]. She has also created manga works based on films, operas, romance novels and stage plays. Sanazaki has had active interests in Shakespeare’s plays, and has so far created manga adaptations of Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet and A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Talk: Panel session
A chance to ask all of the speakers your burning questions about comic art and story development as well as the business in general.
- Wednesday 11 February: 4:00pm
- Wednesday 11 February: 11:00am
- More about Animex Comics
- 13/02/15 Disney animator shares secrets of his success
- 13/02/15 Animex awards winners announced
- 20/01/15 Animex to focus on inclusivity and independent games development
- 22/12/14 Gaming graduates on top of the world