Publicity Manager , 2000 AD
Speaking at Animex Comics
Michael Molcher is the publicity manager for 2000 AD. He first had his little mind blown at the age of 11 when he picked up a copy of The Best of 2000 AD Monthly #30 in a newsagent in Conwy.
It had the VCs in it and he thought it was a club you could join. Since then he worked as a journalist and press officer but now has his dream job, surrounded by a small desk fort of comics.
Talk: Welcome to the future: 2000 AD, a retrospective
As it approaches its 40th anniversary, the impact of 2000 AD on comic books has never been more obvious. The current giants of the industry were first discovered amongst its pages, its cultural influence continues to reach far beyond comics, and the legendary Eisner-nominated weekly anthology has been reinvigorated under its new owners, games developer Rebellion. Join us for a look at the characters, the creators, and the history behind the galaxy’s greatest comic.
- Wednesday 11 February: 1:30pm
- Wednesday 11 February: 4:00pm
- More about Animex Comics
- 13/02/15 Disney animator shares secrets of his success
- 13/02/15 Animex awards winners announced
- 20/01/15 Animex to focus on inclusivity and independent games development
- 22/12/14 Gaming graduates on top of the world