Art Director, Ninja Theory
Speaking at Animex Game
Alessandro was born in Genoa (Italy) where he went on to study illustration and advertising. After a short experience in Milan as an Illustrator, he moved to London where he worked as a concept artist and Graphic designer.
He joined Ninja Theory in 2003 to work as a Senior Concept Artist on HEAVENLY SWORD, creating iconic characters such Nariko, Kai and King Bohan, (played by Andy Serkis). In 2007 he became Ninja Theory's Art Director creating the visual style of ENSLAVED and DMC.
Beside his daily work, he is a freelance illustrator for Random house and Bloomsbury Publishing.
Talk: Standing out from the crowd
Alessandro discusses how his work on Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, DmC: Devil May Cry and the upcoming Hellblade, has made Ninja Theory games visually stand out from the crowd. He will show how Ninja Theory has approached creative challenges from different angles, to achieve something fresh new and unique.
- Thursday 12 February: 3:00pm
- Friday 13 February: 3:00pm
- More about Animex Game
- 13/02/15 Disney animator shares secrets of his success
- 13/02/15 Animex awards winners announced
- 20/01/15 Animex to focus on inclusivity and independent games development
- 22/12/14 Gaming graduates on top of the world