Lead Designer, Ustwo
Speaking at Animex Indie
Ken Wong is an Australian concept artist, art director and game designer. Since 2013 he has worked at ustwo games, where he was lead designer of Monument Valley, winner of an Apple Design Award and two BAFTA Game Awards.
His most recent work is as co-designer of Land’s End, a VR adventure. Prior to his work at ustwo, Wong created indie mobile game Hackycat and was the Art Director of Alice: Madness Returns for Spicy Horse.
Talk: Rethinking game design for the post-gamer era
When ustwo’s Monument Valley arrived on mobile last year, it was celebrated for its innovative visual and interaction design, topping charts and winning awards. But being short, linear and easy, was it even a game? Lead designer Ken Wong and tech director Peter Pashley talk about the conflict between gameplay and meaning and how resolving it leads to better design.
- Thursday 12 February: 10:00am
- Friday 13 February: 10:00am
- More about Animex Game
- 13/02/15 Disney animator shares secrets of his success
- 13/02/15 Animex awards winners announced
- 20/01/15 Animex to focus on inclusivity and independent games development
- 22/12/14 Gaming graduates on top of the world