Level Designer, Valve
Speaking at Animex Game
Phil Co is a Level designer at Valve, he has helped create some of the most memorable and iconic levels from their award winning series. He has worked on Half-life 2 Episode 2, both Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, and more recently the critically acclaimed Portal 2. He is also the author of the essential guide for aspiring level designers “Level Design for Games: Creating Compelling Game Experiences.”
Before Valve, Phil worked on Diablo 3 at Blizzard, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for KnowWonder, New Legends for Infinite Machine, and Requiem for Cyclone Studios.
Talk: The making of Valve’s Free to Play documentary
In 2011, Valve held the world’s first $1m video game tournament called The International. A small team of game developers originally went to film the event and make a short highlight video. Two years, hundreds of hours of footage, dozens of interviews, and thousands of travel miles later, Valve’s first feature length film was released. Phil takes us behind the scenes of the movie.
- Friday 13 February: 10:00am
- Thursday 12 February: 10:00am
- More about Animex Game
- 13/02/15 Disney animator shares secrets of his success
- 13/02/15 Animex awards winners announced
- 20/01/15 Animex to focus on inclusivity and independent games development
- 22/12/14 Gaming graduates on top of the world