Game Director , Ubisoft Montreal
Speaking at Animex Game
Ashraf started his career as a programmer at Electronic Arts working in the FIFA franchise. After a few years he followed his passion and switched to the design aspect of development. Working on Champion's League and EA skate Ashraf left EA and helped A2M ship Wet.
He then joined Ubisoft where he has worked on Prince of Persia and then joining Assassin's Creed to develop Black Flag as the Game Director.
Talk: Hanging on the Juggernaut: Designing Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Assassin's Creed is a massive franchise that has a very well defined production process. Coming in with a new game design vision and defining a new player experience while respecting the production process had many challenges but also some very positive constraints. Game Director Ashraf Ismail will go over the philosophies, challenges and processes used to design ACIV.
- Tuesday 11 February: 4:00pm
- Monday 10 February: 4:00pm
- More about Animex Game
- 03/02/14 Children bring cartoon characters to life on campus
- 03/02/14 Award-winning graduate returns to give insight into gaming industry
- 17/01/14 Line-up announced for Animex Festival 2014
- 18/03/13 Teesside academic among influential women in the games industry