Freelance Writer/Animation Instructor
Speaking at Animex Comics
Jim Zub is a writer, artist and art instructor based in Toronto, Canada. Over the past ten years he’s worked for a diverse array of publishing, movie and video game clients including Disney, Warner Bros., Capcom, Hasbro, Bandai-Namco, and Mattel.
Jim juggles his time between being a freelance comic writer, and Program Coordinator for Seneca College's award-winning animation program. His current projects include Samurai Jack, a comic series continuing the award-winning cartoon, Wayward, a supernatural thriller set in Tokyo, Skullkickers, a sword & sorcery action-comedy, and Dungeons & Dragons: Legends of Baldur's Gate, celebrating 40 years of the original fantasy RPG game.
Talk: Playing In Someone Else's Sandbox
Comic writer Jim Zub talks about the advantages and challenges involved when working with established fictional franchises like Samurai Jack, Street Fighter, Batman, Conan, and many more. Breaking into the business, writing techniques, and amusing anecdotes aplenty.
- Wednesday 12 February: 1:05pm
- Wednesday 12 February: 4:30pm
- Wednesday 11 February: 10:00am
- Wednesday 11 February: 10:05am
- More about Animex Comics
- 03/02/14 Children bring cartoon characters to life on campus
- 03/02/14 Award-winning graduate returns to give insight into gaming industry
- 17/01/14 Line-up announced for Animex Festival 2014
- 18/03/13 Teesside academic among influential women in the games industry