VFX supervisor, Double Negative
Speaking at Animex Talk
Andrew Whitehurst has been at Double Negative since 2006, working on such films as Flyboys, Oliver Stone’s World Trade Center and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix before going on to act as CG Supervisor on The Wolfman and 3D Supervisor on Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
Andrew’s first role as VFX Supervisor was on Skyfall. He subsequently took the lead as Overall VFX Supervisor on Ex Machina, this year’s stunning directorial debut by Director Alex Garland for which he recently won the British Independent Film Award (BIFA) for Achievement in Craft. Andrew has most recently completed work as Associate VFX Supervisor on Spectre.
Talk: Making the Unreal Real
Andrew Whitehurst discusses his work as VFX supervisor at Double Negative, the studio responsible for the VFX of some of this year’s biggest box office hits.
- Friday 22 February: 3:00pm
- Thursday 21 February: 11:00am
- Tuesday 09 February: 11:00am
- More about Animex Talk
- 04/03/13 Animex award part of 'big three' alongside Oscar and Bafta
- 30/01/13 Great Dane returns to Teesside to inspire fellow gamers
- 17/01/13 Animex returns with a decade of game success to celebrate
- 03/01/13 Comic creators added to Animex festival line-up