Director/Progammer, Jet Stone Studios
Speaking at Animex Game
Rex graduated from Teesside University with a BSc (Hons) Computer Game Programming in 2012. A couple of weeks after handing in his last assignment he went on to found Jet Stone Studios with two friends, as part of Teesside University’s Digital City Fellowship Scheme.
Rex is currently working on finishing the company’s first game, tentatively titled Fuz, which will be out in early 2013 for mobile and tablet devices.
Talk: Indie Development Panel – The Renaissance
Moderated by veteran games designer Alex Trowers. This is a very exciting time for games graduates. The range of platforms, engines and market places available to everyone has brought about a renaissance period for games. This panel gives you the chance to quiz a range of indie developers and learn how to make your own way in the industry. Panel Guests: Richard Franke, Ken Wong - Hackey Cat, Ella Romanos - Remode Studios, Teesside graduates Ben Morris and Rex Hancox - Jet Stone Studios, Andrew Walker - Landslide Studios.
- Tuesday 19 February: 11:00am
- Monday 18 February: 11:00am
- More about Animex Game
- 04/03/13 Animex award part of 'big three' alongside Oscar and Bafta
- 30/01/13 Great Dane returns to Teesside to inspire fellow gamers
- 17/01/13 Animex returns with a decade of game success to celebrate
- 03/01/13 Comic creators added to Animex festival line-up