Artist, Ubisoft Reflections
Speaking at Animex Game
Matthew has a first class honours degree in computer games art from Teesside University. While attending Teesside University he enjoyed a work placement at Bizarre Creations (Liverpool) as an environment artist on James Bond 007 Blood Stone (PS3. Xbox 360 and PC).
Matt was an Expotees 2011 award winner, obtaining an internship at Reflections, a Ubisoft company. He now works for the company working as an artist on numerous AAA titles and 2D environment art – recently completing concept work and GUI implementation for Just Dance 4 (Xbox 360 KINECT and PS Move), Just Dance 3 (PS Move)and Driver San Francisco.
Talk: Shifting Gears
In 2011 Reflections Studio took steps to expanded its experience and share its expertise by collaborating on a range of exciting and popular titles such as Just Dance 4, Far Cry 3 and the hugely anticipated Watch_Dogs. Matthew Oakley (Artist) and Andrew Willans (Game Design) will provide a peek into the scrapbook of their experiences of studio life at Reflections, covering how collaborations are vital to creating the AAA franchises of this generation, and the next.
- Monday 18 February: 11:00am
- Tuesday 19 February: 11:00am
- More about Animex Game
- 04/03/13 Animex award part of 'big three' alongside Oscar and Bafta
- 30/01/13 Great Dane returns to Teesside to inspire fellow gamers
- 17/01/13 Animex returns with a decade of game success to celebrate
- 03/01/13 Comic creators added to Animex festival line-up