Speaking at Animex Game
Austin is ravenously obsessed with music, in all its facets. A composer and conductor, he has written the scores for about a dozen videogames, 40 feature films, has composed large orchestral, chamber and choral works, and worked in a wide range of other more esoteric areas.
His score to the PS3 game JOURNEY, a product of three years of labour, was released in spring 2012 and hit the Billboard charts higher than any previous original game score. Austin also works extensively in the non-profit world, sitting on the board of directors for Education Through Music Los Angeles.
Talk: Musings on Music
Composer Austin Wintory looks at video game music and the reasons he finds it so compelling, in addition to discussions on film music, concert music and creative processes.
- Monday 18 February: 4:00pm
- Tuesday 19 February: 4:00pm
- More about Animex Game
- 04/03/13 Animex award part of 'big three' alongside Oscar and Bafta
- 30/01/13 Great Dane returns to Teesside to inspire fellow gamers
- 17/01/13 Animex returns with a decade of game success to celebrate
- 03/01/13 Comic creators added to Animex festival line-up