Speaking at Animex Game
Gabrielle has worked in and around the games industry for 14 years in an art and design capacity and is now back at Teesside as Deputy Head of the Computer Games Department. She recently stepped up from organising the games element of Animex to directing the whole festival.
During her career, Gabrielle has worked on console and PC titles for Accolade, Infogrammes, Atari and Midway. As well as teaching, she writes fantasy fiction novels for 9-12 year olds and acts as a regular judge on the Games BAFTA awards. In 2006 Gabrielle was announced as one of the Top 100 most influential women in the games industry by US based Next Gen magazine. As a former organiser of the world’s first annual conference for Women in Games, she likes to teach girls of all ages about how awesome it is to make computer games.
- Wednesday 20 February: 9:30am
- Monday 18 February: 9:45am
- Thursday 21 February: 9:45am
- More about Animex Comics
- 04/03/13 Animex award part of 'big three' alongside Oscar and Bafta
- 30/01/13 Great Dane returns to Teesside to inspire fellow gamers
- 17/01/13 Animex returns with a decade of game success to celebrate
- 03/01/13 Comic creators added to Animex festival line-up