Storyboard Artist/Assistant Director, Rough Draft Studios
Speaking at Animex Talk
David has been in love with the art of sequential storytelling his entire life. After graduating from the Laguna College of Art and Design in 2005 with a BFA in Animation, David began his career as a Character Layout Artist/Animator on the Simpsons Movie.
He then went on to do layout and animation on three Futurama movies at Rough Draft Studios before transitioning into the position of storyboard artist. Since then, he's enjoyed working on various productions at various studios. He did storyboards for Napoleon Dynamite (the animated series), the stop motion Christmas special on NBC's Community, Marvel's Ultimate Spider-man and the Futurama TV show, where he was also given the role of Assistant Director. More of David's work can be seen on his blog: www.artofau.blogspot.com.
Talk: Storyboarding the 31st Century
David Au talks about the animation production process of the hit television series Futurama. He will give an in-depth look into what it's like to be a storyboard artist on a show featuring an amazing cast of characters, written by a talented group of intelligent writers, and animated by a group of very sleepy artists.
- Thursday 21 February: 11:00am
- Thursday 21 February: 1:30pm
- More about Animex Talk
- 04/03/13 Animex award part of 'big three' alongside Oscar and Bafta
- 30/01/13 Great Dane returns to Teesside to inspire fellow gamers
- 17/01/13 Animex returns with a decade of game success to celebrate
- 03/01/13 Comic creators added to Animex festival line-up