Lead technical artist, Epic
Speaking at Animex Game
Wyeth is a 17 year veteran of the game industry with artistic and managerial contributions to more than 20 titles across multiple platforms and game technologies, including the Gears of War series, Robo Recall, Paragon, and franchises such as Unreal Tournament, Counterstrike, Star Trek and Sin. He is currently working on cutting edge VR, particle simulation, engine tools, rendering features, and pushing Unreal Engine to the limit.
Talk: An Epic Box: Lead, Be Led, and Ship Games the Epic way.
Creative freedom is a myth when it comes to putting games on shelves. The real hard work is in finding good, cosy boxes for creativity to thrive inside. The best team leads are people who know how to be led, people who ask the right questions and self manage, and people who don't allow uncertainty to paralyze their work. Let's spend an hour talking about the stuff that you only learn by doing: How to become artistic, creative leaders, no job title required. The same lessons apply whether you're working on a student project or a billion dollar franchise. He who ships, wins.
- Tuesday 19 February: 3:00pm
- Monday 18 February: 3:00pm
- Friday 13 February: 3:00pm
- Thursday 12 February: 3:00pm
- Thursday 25 May: 10:05am
- More about Animex Game
- 04/03/13 Animex award part of 'big three' alongside Oscar and Bafta
- 30/01/13 Great Dane returns to Teesside to inspire fellow gamers
- 17/01/13 Animex returns with a decade of game success to celebrate
- 03/01/13 Comic creators added to Animex festival line-up