CG Supervisor, Double Negative
Speaking at Animex Talk
Rick began his career by working in the computer games industry for five years, initially working on first generation Playstation titles for Psygnosis then working as a lead artist for Infogrammes UK. In 1998 he made the leap into film by joining Double Negative as a lead character animator working predominantly on the hatchling sequences of Pitch Black.
Following the completion of Pitch Black, Rick moved to the BBC where he initially supervised long format television projects before becoming Head of 3D in the BBC Specialist Factual Graphics unit. In 2003 Rick moved back to Double Negative as Head of 3D. Since returning to Dneg, Rick has also been CG supervisor on films such as United 93, Stardust, Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 & 2.
Talk: Harry Potter, The Final Chapter
The final instalment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, gets the Animex treatment when CG Supervisor Rick gives the low down on Double Negative's visual effects work on the Oscar nominated movie.
- Thursday 09 February: 4:00pm
- Friday 10 February: 10:00am
- More about Animex Talk
- 13/02/12 Industry experts hail Animex’s worldwide appeal
- 13/02/12 University joins the Potter BAFTA celebrations
- 06/02/12 Degree at Teesside opens up a whole new world for Dan
- 03/02/12 Games: The Future of Fiction - Interview with Karen Traviss