CG Supervisor, Framestore
Speaking at Animex Talk
A childhood love of animation and visual illusions led Ben, via Camberwell College of Arts, to Softimage Inc. where he worked as a product specialist for several years. He started his career in postproduction at The Mill working on commercials before moving to MillFilm, where he realised his goal of working on film visual effects with Enemy of the State and Gladiator.
Over the past 10 years at Framestore he has worked in a range of CG disciplines before becoming a CG Supervisor, and has since worked on projects such as The Dark Knight, Where The Wild Things Are and Avatar.
Talk: Elementary my dear Watson
Following the success of Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes in 2009, Framestore have created around 550 shots for the latest in the series, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. The studio’s CG Supervisor, Ben White, comes to Animex to give an in-depth analysis of some of the processes involved in generating some of their most dramatic work to date.
- Friday 10 February: 1:30pm
- Thursday 09 February: 3:00pm
- More about Animex Talk
- 13/02/12 Industry experts hail Animex’s worldwide appeal
- 13/02/12 University joins the Potter BAFTA celebrations
- 06/02/12 Degree at Teesside opens up a whole new world for Dan
- 03/02/12 Games: The Future of Fiction - Interview with Karen Traviss