Managing Director, Qurios
Speaking at Animex Talk
Niel Bushnell began his career working in comics before moving into animation on the feature films Space Jam and Lost in Space, and as an animator and illustrator for several computer games including Harry Potter and the Philosophers’ Stone. In 2002 he established Qurios in his home town of Hartlepool. Since its modest beginnings Niel has worked as a Directing Animator and VFX supervisor on several major television series and feature films. Qurios, now based in Newcastle upon Tyne, and London, supplies animation and VFX to most of the major UK broadcasters, production companies and game developers. They recently completed series 3 of Tracy Beaker Returns for CBBC, Mongrels for BBC 3 and provided design consultancy for Ubisoft's Driver, San Francisco.
Throughout his career Niel has loved to write. His first novel, a children’s fantasy adventure called Sorrowline, which won a Northern Promise award at the Northern Writers Awards 2011, will be published by Andersen Press in 2013.
Talk: Welcome and opening address
- Thursday 09 February: 9:30am
- More about Animex Talk
- 13/02/12 Industry experts hail Animex’s worldwide appeal
- 13/02/12 University joins the Potter BAFTA celebrations
- 06/02/12 Degree at Teesside opens up a whole new world for Dan
- 03/02/12 Games: The Future of Fiction - Interview with Karen Traviss