Lead Rigger, MPC
Speaking at Animex Talk
Dan has been rigging and animating characters for visual effects, games and television since he graduated with a BSc(Hons) Visualisation at Teesside University in 1999.
After leaving Middlesbrough, Dan began his career in the games industry, modelling, rigging and animating characters for PC and Playstation games at Empire Interactive. Before joining MPC, he worked at Blue-Zoo Productions to create characters and environments for their BAFTA-nominated animated series Those Scurvy Rascals. Currently a Lead Rigger at MPC London, Dan has been involved in a number of high profile projects including The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Clash Of The Titans, and Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2.
Talk: From Teesside to Hogwarts
Dan talks about his journey from graduating with a BSc (Hons) in Visualisation at Teesside University to leading the MPC rigging team through the battles of the final Harry Potter film. Detailed VFX breakdowns from The Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 explore bringing the Nagini to life, the Polyjuice transformation, and the death of Lord Voldemort.
- Thursday 09 February: 3:00pm
- Friday 10 February: 3:00pm
- More about Animex Talk
- 13/02/12 Industry experts hail Animex’s worldwide appeal
- 13/02/12 University joins the Potter BAFTA celebrations
- 06/02/12 Degree at Teesside opens up a whole new world for Dan
- 03/02/12 Games: The Future of Fiction - Interview with Karen Traviss