Speaking at Animex Talk
Having graduated from the Glasgow School of Art in 1983 with a degree in graphic design, Fraser went on to train as a film editor in before being hired in 1987 as a trainee animator in the London special effects department of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. He then moved, first to Passion Pictures in London, and then to Cambridge Animation Systems and Telemagination before being hired to work for Warner Bros. and Disney feature animation studios, in Los Angeles, on Space Jam and Tazran respectively.
Since 2000 Fraser has taught on many degree level animation and design courses in colleges and universities, from Dundee and London to Salzburg and Beirut. From an initial proposal in 2007, his book Setting the Scene took nearly 4 years to research, write and bring to publication.
Talk: Setting the scene
This talk is based on Fraser’s new book Setting the Scene, which charts the history and development of the art and techniques of Animation Layout. In the past Fraser has worked at Passion Pictures, Warner Brothers Animation and Disney Feature Animation Studios and has taught animation in schools, colleges and universities around the world.
- Thursday 09 February: 10:00am
- Friday 10 February: 4:00pm
- More about Animex Talk
- 13/02/12 Industry experts hail Animex’s worldwide appeal
- 13/02/12 University joins the Potter BAFTA celebrations
- 06/02/12 Degree at Teesside opens up a whole new world for Dan
- 03/02/12 Games: The Future of Fiction - Interview with Karen Traviss