Epic Games, Inc
Speaking at Animex Game
Wyeth is an 11 year veteran of the game industry with artistic and managerial contributions to more than 15 titles across multiple platforms and game technologies, including the Gears of War series and franchises such as Unreal Tournament, Counterstrike, Sin and Star Trek.
With an emphasis on technical art, visual effects and cutting edge art tools, Wyeth helps to drive the industry leading Unreal Engine technology at Epic Games, Inc. while also acting as lead artist on the worldwide blockbuster Gears of War 3.
Talk: The art of Gears of War 3
The audience will receive a broad overview of the art direction, art production pipeline and the high level of craftsmanship that goes into every piece of artwork in Gears of War 3. The topics will cover aesthetic choices, the evolution of the franchise from an art perspective and detailed discussion of various aspects of the art pipeline including modular environment design, technical art and visual challenges, and modular character geometry. We'll look at some best practices related to UnrealEngine 3 and some lessons learned along the path towards shipping Gears of War 3.
- Monday 06 February: 4:00pm
- Tuesday 07 February: 4:00pm
- More about Animex Game
- 13/02/12 Industry experts hail Animex’s worldwide appeal
- 13/02/12 University joins the Potter BAFTA celebrations
- 06/02/12 Degree at Teesside opens up a whole new world for Dan
- 03/02/12 Games: The Future of Fiction - Interview with Karen Traviss