Director of the Animation Academy, Loughborough University
Speaking at Animex Talk
Paul is Director of the Animation Academy at Loughborough University, UK, and Chair of the Association of British Animation Collections (ABAC). His publications include Understanding Animation, Animation and America, Halas & Batchelor Cartoons : An Animated History, Drawing for Animation, Re-Imagining Animation (with Johnny Hardstaff), and his most recent book, The Animated Bestiary.
Paul is an established writer and director for theatre, radio and television, and has been working for last two years on documentaries about John Coates and Tony Fish, short film projects, and workshops based on his book Scriptwriting. He is currently developing a script with the Norwegian Oil Museum, working on a major animation exhibition at the Barbican, London, entitled Watch Me Move and editing a collection for Blackwell Publishing. In 2011, he launches a new journal, Animation Practice Process and Production dedicated to the work of animation practitioners.
Talk: Welcome and opening address
- Thursday 09 February: 9:30am
- More about Animex Talk
- 13/02/12 Industry experts hail Animex’s worldwide appeal
- 13/02/12 University joins the Potter BAFTA celebrations
- 06/02/12 Degree at Teesside opens up a whole new world for Dan
- 03/02/12 Games: The Future of Fiction - Interview with Karen Traviss